Saturday 3 January 2015

An insight into The Metal Expedition



We, at Live: A Gig, are usually not big fans of textual interviews, but sometimes, textual interviews are the ones which can hold on to a suspense in the best possible way! We got a ping from Pune recently about a very interesting concept called The Metal Expedition. Here's Niranjan Deshpande, the mind behind the concept, saying all you need to know. We are excited already!



LAG: Hello Niranjan, nice to have you on board today. How are you doing?

Niranjan: Hey. I am doing great, being a busy mind.

LAG: News has it that you have something big planned on for March; tell us a bit about the plans.

Niranjan: Yeah you heard that right. I have a Tribute gig planned on 7th Match 2015 called as The Metal Expedition. It’s a gig involving home-grown bands giving their tributes to bands from 1964. It will be like the dream gig that you had ever thought of.
I love kids and I understand importance of guardianship, that’s why may be, I am about to launch a Fund Raising campaign which will be called as “Patronize The Rising - Donations for Orphans”.  I will be giving every type of donation to the NGO’s and needy orphans around me.

LAG: That is a very thoughtful act! You just mentioned that it is a tribute gig, which brings me to my next question – the band selection process. Is it going to be based on the same genre as the tribute band? Or, do you have some surprises up your sleeves?

Niranjan: Yeah. I am trying to involve more of the aspiring new musicians.  I have some of the famous people from Pune. And also Vehrnon Ibrahim from Millenium is on Tentative Guest List.

Copyright - Sagar Kudtarkar Photography
LAG: Woah! That sounds great! Now let’s focus on the bands. Who are in the lineup? Any bands we haven’t seen before in Pune?

Niranjan: Yes. There are many new musiscians and old as well, who will be getting a chance to showcase their talent on such a big stage. We have musicians from Solapur & Auranagabad on board.

LAG: It is good to know that the genre being spread across the length and breadth of the country and bands being formed in cities and towns where we never thought live music would be a part of life! Let’s talk about your other projects a bit. You have a Facebook page called Think Metal. Can you please briefly describe the operations there?

Niranjan: Think Metal is a motivational page. I gather life stories of Metal Enthusiasts around us to motivate others towards.  Recently, I have started shooting a talk show for our newly started channel ThinkMetalTv. I soon will be making it a weekly talk show. I have launched Posters and Stickers. I hope everyone likes them.

LAG: You seem to be a drummer too, if I’m not wrong? How long have you been practising your instrument? Have you received any formal training on the drums?

Niranjan: Yes. I have been playing drums since 4 Years Now. I have never received a formal training except for two months. I play drums for Cruoris. I have new projects coming up with fellow musicians. Not restricted to Death/Black Metal anymore.

LAG: Coming back to the show again, it is a very unique and thoughtful concept! Can we expect a series of such gigs in the coming days?

Niranjan: Yes. You might have a second edition of the gig coming up soon.

Copyright - Vishal Clickography
LAG: Will the main focus of the series be on home-grown bands? Or, are you seeking out for outstation bands too?

Niranjan: Yeah i have mentioned few out stations bands. So far I have line-up decided. Outstation bands are welcome for next edition may be.

LAG: Thanks for your time, Niranjan! Wishing you all the best for the show! Will be really interesting to see the show unfold part-by-part and the surprises falling into place!

Niranjan: Thank you so much for your efforts and time. Surprises are there.  I wish Live: A Gig a very great year ahead. Let’s stand by each other to keep the spirit of metal alive.
 

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get Free Updates

Subscribe Now